Torisawa Katsuhide (鳥澤 克秀) is a former weightlifter who has competed in every single Shin-SASUKE tournament (except SASUKE 22), starting with SASUKE 18.
He always displays his strength before his run:
- He has brought a barbell and lifted it over his head multiple times,
- Ripped off his shirt,
- Crushed an apple and full cans of beer using one hand, and
- Also snapped a baseball bat in half.
- In SASUKE 27, Torisawa went as far as to open a beer bottle with his teeth, in the process causing a cut on his mouth which bled as he began his run.
He usually fails early in comical fashion:
- In SASUKE 18 he started strong, but slipped from the Log Grip.
- In SASUKE 19 he failed the Rokudantobi when he missed the fifth step.
- In SASUKE 20, his run was digested, showing him fail on the Log Grip once again. During the broadcast, his start position (#1905) wasn't shown in his infographic despite his bib being shown. Coincidentally, there was another competitor, Mihara Makoto that has the same start position as Torisawa's.
- His Log Grip troubles continued in SASUKE 21.
- In his next four attempts he failed the first obstacle, the Jūnidantobi in SASUKE 23 and 24, the Dome Steps in SASUKE 25 and the Step Slider in SASUKE 26.
- In SASUKE 27 he made it to the Rolling Escargot, but dismounted too early and slipped into the water.
- He got his revenge on the obstacle in SASUKE 28 only to fail the next obstacle, the Spin Bridge.
- In SASUKE 29 he failed the Long Jump when he face planted in the sand.
- In SASUKE 30 he exacted revenge on the Long Jump and the modified Log Grip, but failed the Hedgehog when he progressed through the obstacle too slowly.
From his SASUKE 21 profile, he is shown to have competed in the Monster box event on Pro Sportsman No. 1, where he faceplanted into the box.
Torisawa was competitor number 3 for the next three tournaments he competed in. In SASUKE 31 he failed the Rolling Hill, a result which he repeated in SASUKE 32. His SASUKE 33 run saw him fall on the first obstacle, the Quad Steps.
He competed in SASUKE 35, wearing #3 for the sixth tournament in a row, but history repeated itself when he went out on the Quad Steps again. This was due to an accident while performing his pre-run display of strength, which was lifting a barbell several times. However, in a rush to make sure he didn't lose time, he dropped the barbell on his knee, injuring it and causing him to lose his footing on the final step.
He competed in SASUKE 36, wearing #3 for the seventh tournament in a row, which beats Nagano Makoto's record of wearing the same number 6 consecutive times (him being #100). Torisawa went out on the Rolling Hill.
He competed in SASUKE 37, wearing #3 for the eighth consecutive time. He finally beat the Rolling Hill, but went out on the Wing Slider.
He competed in SASUKE 38, wearing #2, first time not wearing #3 since SASUKE 29. He fell on the Rolling Hill once again.
|18||15||Failed Log Grip (First Stage)||Lost Grip|
|19||16||Failed Rokudantobi (First Stage)|
|20||1905||Failed Log Grip (First Stage)||Digest.|
|21||20||Failed Log Grip (First Stage)|
|23||5||Failed Jyunidantobi (First Stage)|
|24||7||Failed Jyunidantobi (First Stage)|
|25||74||Failed Dome Steps (First Stage)|
|26||7||Failed Step Slider (First Stage)||Missed the rope completely and dived into the water.|
|27||13||Failed Rolling Escargot (First Stage)||Face planted onto the mat and fell into the water.|
|28||9||Failed Spin Bridge (First Stage)||Fell between the 2nd and 3rd spheres in comical fashion.|
|29||6||Failed Long Jump (First Stage)||Face planted into the sandpit and fell into the water.|
|30||2903||Failed Hedgehog (First Stage)|
|31||3||Failed Rolling Hill (First Stage)||Shown in SASUKE 31 Navi.|
|32||3||Failed Rolling Hill (First Stage)|
|33||3||Failed Quad Steps (First Stage)|
|34||3||Failed Fish Bone (First Stage)||All Cut.|
|35||3||Failed Quad Steps (First Stage)|
|36||3||Failed Rolling Hill (First Stage)|
|37||3||Failed Wing Slider (First Stage)|
|38||2||Failed Rolling Hill (First Stage)|