|See also: guidelines, administrators|
|This page is an official policy on Sasukepedia.|
This policy has wide acceptance among editors and is considered a standard that all users should follow.
Sasukepedia definition of vandalism
This is the definition of vandalism for the purposes of this policy:
- Removing valid content without explanation or an explanation that makes no sense.
- Items listed in the Do not post policy.
- Pretending to remove other vandalism content in order to prevent cleaning. This includes minor edits or minor removals while leaving a bulk of unwanted content ("spam"), but making a comment as if you removed the unwanted content.
An act of vandalism can be removed or reverted with only a comment in the edit summary identifying the type of vandalism (usually spam, unexplained deletes, etc.). Disagreement with the edit should be posted in the related discussion page.
- BEFORE YOU START REVERTING VANDALISM: Please try to stay calm and collected about the issue at hand.
Record of vandals
Vandals should have their user name added to the known vandals list with a some note on the type or level of vandalism and optionally any cleaning information.
- If the user is seen to be posting with non-malicious intent, they should get a warning from the admin before a block occurs.
- If the vandalizing user is obviously controlled by a bot (user), the block will be indefinite.
|# of Acts Vandalism||Block Time|
|1 act||7 days (168 hours)|
|5 acts||1 - 3 months|
|10 acts||1 year|
|20+ acts||∞ (permanent)|
Note that the above list is a guide and the length will also depend on the style and severity of the vandalism.
Appealing a block
Appealing a block may be done in a few ways:
- On your talk page (if it is un-blocked)
- By e-mailing an administrator (or other direct method to contact the admin if it is available)
- On the Sasuke Maniac Forums
- Sasukepedia:Known vandals
- Sasukepedia:DNP policy
- Return to Main