|See also: guidelines, administrators|
|This page is an official policy on Sasukepedia.|
This policy has wide acceptance among editors and is considered a standard that all users should follow.
Policy is a term referring to the processes and rules observed involving the creation, editing, and management of articles on Sasukepedia as well as treatment of other users. This is to be distinguished from a guideline which suggests etiquette and practice to make management and presentation of Sasukepedia more consistent and streamlined.
Violating a Sasukepedia policy will at the very least lead to a page being edited to conform to policy. Edits or new pages that are created that do not conform to a specific policy are subject to change by another user (assuming that change conforms with policy) without expectation of appeal to an admin, as is all content within the site. However, it may also lead to the page being deleted or — for the worst offenses — it may lead to the poster being declared a vandal and become banned or blocked. Treatment of users who engage in destruction of content, harassment, or misuse of content (spam) is also governed by policy.
The following policies have been developed over time; mostly as consensus works between Sasukepedia administrators and users. A few are decreed by administrators.
Shortcut to this page: SP:P
For quicker referencing, the policies also have shorthand links, e.g. "SP:DNP". They are denoted in the list below.
- SP:CAT · The category policy
- How to categorize pages, and how to name and categorize new categories.
- SP:DEL · The deletion policy
- Sub-policy: Speedy deletion
- How to nominate pages for deletion and when they are eligible for actual termination.
- SP:DNP · The do-not-post policy
- Sub-policy: Non-disclosure agreement enforcement
- Specific items and topics we do not allow on Sasukepedia.
- SP:EDIT · The editing policy
- Sub-policy: Disruptive editing
- How to make changes to existing pages – what you actually dare doing without asking everyone first and what you really should ask about first.
- SP:NAME · The article naming policy
- How to name articles so that people more easily can guess what to type to get to a particular type of page.
- SP:NPOV · The neutral-point-of-view policy
- Articles on Sasukepedia should approach their subject objectively.
- SP:WRITE · The writing policy
- Sub-policies: Competition articles, competitor articles, obstacle articles
- How to approach different sorts of content. Separated into several sub policies: competition articles (SP:SHOWS), competitor articles (SP:COMPS), and obstacle articles (SP:OBSTACLE).
Community management policies
- SP:VANDAL · The vandalism policy
- What Sasukepedia considers vandalism and what we do to vandals. (Not what we would like to do to vandals, though.)
- Sasukepedia:Guidelines for a listing of all Sasukepedia guidelines or information on an individual guideline.
- Sasukepedia talk:Policies to suggest new policies or discuss existing ones. You may also do so on the specific policy's talk page.
- Return to Main