|See also: guidelines, administrators|
|This page is an official policy on Sasukepedia.|
This policy has wide acceptance among editors and is considered a standard that all users should follow.
Naming conventions for specific article types
- Main article: SP:PA
Personal articles, including almost all speculation articles, results, etc – should be located as subpages of the author's user page.
All other articles should have the first word capitalized (this is unavoidable) and any additional words in lowercase. The exception is that proper nouns are always capitalized. For example, Help:Starting a new page.
These articles should also not include definite or indefinite articles ("the" and "a/an") at the beginning of the page name. For example, use Shin Sedai to refer to the group, not The Shin Sedai. There is an important exception to this rule: "the", "a" or "an" is included when it would be capitalized if it appeared in text. This applies to, news articles, shows, etc.
Additional naming rules
Normally, all articles are named in the singular form.
Exceptions to this rule:
- Names that are always plural, such as the Arm Rings.
- Articles that are lists, e.g. List of SASUKE competitions. This may cause extra work in attempting to say "SASUKE has 25 [[List of SASUKE competitions|competitions]]", but the suggestion is to set up "competitions" as a redirect to "List of SASUKE competitions" if there is no page or template describing the general amount of competitions.
Parenthetical text to distinguish page names, such as in First Stage (KUNOICHI), should generally be in lower case. Only capitalize it if it is a proper name, title, or acronym.
As for code in linking to each of these, you can type
[[First Stage (KUNOICHI)|]]
and arrive at these two links: First Stage. The parser will appropriately cosmetically drop what is found in parentheses.
Subpages and namespaces
For the purpose of capitalization, after the colon for a namespace is considered the start of the article title. For example, Sasukepedia:Policy. Additionally each subpage is considered the start of an article name. For example, Sasukepedia:Naming policy not Sasukepedia:Naming policy.
- Main article: Sasukepedia:Category policy
Category names are put into sentence case, much as in article names, except with proper nouns.
Plurality and case redirects
- In cases where you feel that visitors are likely to type in a plural name directly in the URL, it is perfectly acceptable to create a redirect, e.g. Double Salmon Ladder → Salmon Ladder.
- For "simple" items, it is also perfectly acceptable to create a lower-case redirect, e.g. sasuke all-stars → SASUKE All-Stars. Note that the case of the first letter is ignored in the wiki software: cliffhanger is the same as Cliffhanger, no redirect necessary.
- Redirects of category pages are never allowed according to the category policy.
- Help:Starting a new page
- Category:Require naming cleanup
- Return to Main