The obstacle was made up of five sections of bungee cords, each of varying size:
- The first and second section were at the same size,
- The third section was sightly larger,
- The fourth section was double the size of the third, and
- The fifth section was half the size of the first and second section.
Competitors had to use those five sections to cross to the other side. The cords provided little support and caused a very unstable ground.
While the obstacle was designed to eliminate competitors, it was proven to be much easier than anticipated, as no competitors failed on this obstacle.
Most competitors would step, fall onto the bungee cords, and crawl to the other side. Nagano Makoto walked across the obstacle, as if it was a sidewalk.
American Ninja Warrior Appearances
The Bungee Bridge appeared as the third obstacle in Northeast and Southeast regions on American Ninja Warrior 4, with the number of sections of bungee cords was reduced to four.
Although only a handful of competitors failed on this obstacle, it was notable for eliminating Ryan Stratis during Southeast region qualifiers (when he tripped on the bungee cords, touched the ground mat, and got disqualified), as well as Amos Rendao during Southeast region finals.
Competitors' Success Rate
- All results based on the TBS broadcast and external information found